the return.

>> 1.17.2012

Ah, England. We meet again.

We've been "home" for almost a week now, and I am happy to report that we are pretty much settled back in and the jetlag is nearly out of our system. There are a million and one things that I need to work/think/pray through after our trip to America, and I am sure that they'll come out on here in time.

We had an amazing visit with so many amazing people, and I am just now processing how blessed I am, and how much support I have, even when I feel like I am in a very lonely place. It's interesting to see how God has given me the most incredible friends and family, and how I have not been able to find anyone similar in any of the places I've been. Seriously, I have been given the cream of the crop, and I am so happy about it.

Jameson was such a trooper during the whole trip--even the 10 hour plane rides where he had an ear infection and a cold. He was a rockstar baby, and people were constantly telling us, "Your baby is so well-behaved, and he is SO beautiful!" We would just smile and say thank you, but inside I was going, "I know, right? I got the best one."

He loved, loved, loved meeting his family in America, including 7 new grandparents (that's right folks, 7. We churn 'em out young in my family. Haha) including his great-great-grandma and 2 new aunts.

He also got to meet his godparents (outside of the womb), and the church family that has been loving on him and praying for him since he was the size of a poppyseed inside of my belly.

We had a dedication ceremony at church that was perfect, and exactly what Hubs and I wanted.

We got to celebrate my 23rd birthday at Spaghetti Factory, where I gorged myself on gluten-free pasta and wine, and laughed hysterically with my family.

Christmas was wonderful, and Jameson was spoiled beyond belief. We literally had to bring an extra suitcase back with us, that's how much stuff we picked up.

I put on at least five pounds from gorging myself with Mexican food, In-N-Out, Chick-fil-a, Starbucks, Panda Express, and so many others that when I think about them I just get hungry.

It was wonderful, and the perfect five weeks, and we didn't take nearly enough pictures (but I'll try to start taking more since I got a CAMERA PURSE for Christmas from my amazing husband!!!).

I am sad to be back here, but I am also glad to be in my own space, working towards a new goal of going home to the States for good. For now, I am trying to soak up the time I have here, because I know that there will be things I'll miss when I leave.

Hopefully, more regular posting will start to occur, thanks the the new schedule that I have us on. We'll see how it goes.

Love, love.
C

2 thoughts:

Kathy Damp/Kathleen Damp Wright January 17, 2012 at 2:00 PM  

Glad you went home and plans are percolating to return to the U.S. I also liked how you are choosing to look at living in England with a different eye since you know won't be there forever. That will change everything! Looking forward to your pots. Does the happy light help at all?

Carrie January 18, 2012 at 10:37 AM  

Glad you had a good holiday with your loved ones! I have a few questions for you, if you get the chance... My husband got accepted into a grad school in Northern Ireland so (though I can't talk about it on my blog in case his yet-unawares coworkers read it) there's a good chance we'll be moving to the UK in the Fall. Which is very exciting, but I'm nervous about one thing... We're trying to start a family, and if God wills, we'll hopefully be having our first little one on your side of the pond. I've heard that the UK has excellent natal care - lots of good midwives and such - but I'm still nervous about having our first child in an unfamiliar country with perhaps unfamiliar practices. I was just wondering if you could give me any pointers or advice or at least confidence in the UK's system, and especially in the financial aspect of it. I've heard rumors that it's practically free to give birth there, but that seems too good to be true. Help?! Anyway, if you get some spare time, I'd really appreciate your perspective. My email is brokenlullaby (at) gmail. Thanks so much!

Post a Comment

thanks for the message! I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP