is that all?

>> 6.08.2012

The green-eyed monster is creeping up again, with it's whispers of failure and imperfection and look-at-what-they-have.

Sometimes I just get so sick of fighting it that I decide to lay down and let it run me over.
Other times I decide to fight back and turn myself into the object that my green-eyes have found.

Neither option gets me where I want to be.

And then my only option is to run.
Run, run, run, right back to the Lord and pray hard that He can take away the longings and fill the fulfillings.

"It's not about happiness," I keep chanting to myself.
Except sometimes it is.
Sometimes it's all I want, and sometimes it's the only thing I can't have.

"Wait for the Lord;
Be strong and take heart, 
and wait for the Lord."
{Psalm 27:14}

1 thoughts:

Kari Kotter June 8, 2012 at 4:53 PM  

I know EXACTLY how you feel! It's so hard to be grateful for your blessings when the thing you want more than anything in the world is the thing you can't have. I'm also trying my best to remember ALL my blessings instead. Some days I do better than others. Love you!

Post a Comment

thanks for the message! I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP