before and after

>> 11.30.2012

Oh Lord.
I cannot believe I am about to post before and after pictures on the internet, but I believe in this way of eating so strongly that it's worth it to me.
Plus I'm pretty proud of my accomplishments, so why hide in the corner, right?

Left: Before (Oct. 22, 2012) Right: After (Nov. 29, 2012)
Left: Before (Oct. 22, 2012) Right: After (Nov. 29, 2012)

Left: Before (Oct. 22, 2012) Right: After (Nov. 29, 2012)

Left: Before (Oct. 22, 2012) Right: After (Nov. 29, 2012)

And this is just because I'm proud of my guns.

So, here are the numbers that I've got so far:

Hips before/after: 38.5"/ 36" (2.5" lost)
Waist before/after: 33"/ 29.5" (3.5" lost)
Thighs before/after: 24"/ 22.5" (1.5" on each side, 3" total)

Total inches lost: 9"

I don't have my weight yet, because I haven't gotten a chance to get to the gym and use the same scale (Jameson came down with croup three days ago and we're running on too little sleep and too much caffeine), however I'm hoping that the numbers will be pretty good.

Now. Here's where the honesty comes in.
Am I completely happy with myself when looking at these?
No. 

I still see the bulges and the rolls, BUT, I can definitely tell a difference and that is important. It's also encouraging enough to keep me eating this way for the long foreseeable future, especially coupled with how I feel. Not to mention that I got these results after only ONE MONTH. 
--My energy levels are stable throughout the day, something I've never experienced before (and with a toddler, this is even more amazing to me).
--I haven't had any more stomach pain or issues since I started my whole30, something that hasn't happened for years.
--After the initial week and a half of awfulness, I have had hardly any headaches, which was something I was experiencing daily.
--My mental issues with food are still there, but I'm gaining insight into them and learning that this is a marathon, not a sprint. My relationship with food is something I'll be working on my entire life, but I am now confident that I can handle this.

I have plenty of other things to say in regards to my thirty days and all of the thought processes and things I have been working through, but I'm too tired to string coherent sentences together right now, so I'll leave it at that.
Please be nice.

(If you're interested in the whole30, check this website out or buy the book!)

11 thoughts:

Elise Loyola Mance November 30, 2012 at 8:12 AM  

You look amazing! Great job, Cami! You have inspired me and I'm going to start the whole30 in January to get ready for the big day! Love you, girl. :)

Jess November 30, 2012 at 8:17 AM  

CAMI!!!! Ah!! You are so inspiring and encouraging!!!!! I'm going to start in January too and already testing out recipes and such. So excited to work through my issues with food and to lose some weight! haha. LOVE YOU! Thank you for being so brave and posting all this to encourage others to take the challenge!!

Kathy Damp/Kathleen Damp Wright November 30, 2012 at 8:33 AM  

Very interesting. The inches lost was amazing. Thanks for being real and letting us know how it's going.

Linnea Wheeler November 30, 2012 at 8:36 AM  

That's awesome, Cami. My sister-in-law just did the Whole-30 diet, and her constant headaches went away too! I'm thinking I need to get on the ball. I don't have headaches, but I probably am not aware of things going on in my body that are unhealthy!

Maggie November 30, 2012 at 11:22 AM  

Good for you. I have been doing something similar and my tummy issues are gone, my skin cleared up and so on. I also dropped some weight. I go by the info on WWW.100daysofrealfood.com. great recipies and lots of info for getting kids to eat healthy too and how to survive in a processed food world.

Kim Haring November 30, 2012 at 11:50 AM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kim Haring November 30, 2012 at 12:00 PM  

You look fabulous Cami! Nice work!! :)

Kari Kotter November 30, 2012 at 4:18 PM  

You look amazing! I am so proud of you. Keep up the good work!

Rachel December 2, 2012 at 6:24 PM  

You look awesome Cami! It is such hard work, and I am proud of you!

Kirra December 3, 2012 at 4:30 PM  

Girl! Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Meg / peachesandcake.com December 11, 2012 at 4:07 AM  

Way to go! I just finished my Whole30 today too!

Post a Comment

thanks for the message! I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP