family

>> 2.22.2011

My lovely cousin Kati flew into London on Sunday, and we got the chance to spend almost 36 hours with her before she hopped on a bus to Swansea, to visit some old friends from her semester abroad there.
It was beyond amazing to have a family member here in this crazy place with me, and we were a pair, the two of us.
I am (feeling) hugely pregnant, and she was jet-lagged, so poor Hubs had to deal with two loud, tired Americans wandering London.
It was wonderful. 
Here is some photographic proof.

Outside Westminster Abbey, before we went in for the Sunday service, which Kati and Dave both dozed through.
No judgment.


Tower of London, and what the weather has looked like ever since I got here.


This Starbucks is so sentimental, cause it's one of the first places Hubs took me the first time I came to England to visit him.
I dragged the two of them around until we found it, and then I made them take pictures of me in front of it.
Someday I'll be that skinny again.

We went to Kings Cross in search of Platform 9 3/4, and we found this...A plastic picture of a brick wall while they do construction on the rest of the station.
Boo.



Love.


They're so cute.

We had such a good time, and it was so nice to be with someone who knows who I am, and who's been with me since...I was born, really.
Relaxing, and freeing, and a much-needed break from daily life.

Not to mention that she brought packets of ranch dressing, enchilada sauce, and the cutest baby items I have ever seen.

Love you, K!

2 thoughts:

Kirra February 22, 2011 at 4:06 PM  

I LOOOOVE the pictures!!! And your hair is bright red! I love! And Platform 9 3/4??!!!! I die.

Missing you! It's just as gray here too.

Elise Loyola Mance February 23, 2011 at 4:42 PM  

I love your pictures, and at the same time hate that they make me miss you even more. I wish I had some money lying around that I could come visit you just to say some stupid things to make you laugh. And feel your baby bump. :)

And that's all I'm going to write because I'll make myself cry if I say anymore. (I'm having major friend withdraws lately.)

Love you.

Post a Comment

thanks for the message! I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP