son.

>> 2.03.2011

It's a boy.

That tiny little "it" I've been carrying around for the past twenty weeks has always been a boy.

My boy.
My son.

I cannot even begin to describe what it is like to type those words, let alone see them and know that I wrote them.

I'm going to be honest and say that I was kind of disappointed when the ultrasound tech said that he was "300% sure" that our baby is a boy.
I've been walking around with visions of ballet, and lace, and sequins for the past few months and to have that replaced with dirt, and frogs, and mayhem was an...adjustment.

However.
That boy in there is still that baby that I have been falling in love with, that I have been feeling kick and wiggle in my belly, and he is still mine.

I'm scared for this, yes.
I feel like I've got a handle on girls, I know what to do...but when it comes to boys, I feel slightly lost.

But he's my boy.

My son.

And I'm his mom.

And that's it.
That's all there is.

4 thoughts:

Rach February 3, 2011 at 1:45 PM  

Cami, I'm so happy for you! Boys are so wonderful. Honestly, I was disappointed when we found out Judah was a boy. There were tears involved. I think it's normal for a lot of girls to want a little girl like them. But now, I am so glad he was a boy...obviously. Now, I'm kind of worried that the future "next baby" will be a girl. I'd love him or her either way, but my boy is just SO. MUCH. FUN. it's hard to imagine anything else. And I'd love him to have a brother to play with.

Anyway, CONGRATS. It's also just nice to know in general!

Dad,  February 3, 2011 at 1:45 PM  

And you've been babysitting little boys since you were 12 years old, so you've pretty much got that deal figured out.

You'll be a great boy mommy!

Kirra February 3, 2011 at 9:11 PM  

GURRLLLLL I am soooo excited! You will be great. Daveo will be great. I cannot believe it- you have a SON! That is so amazing! I got chills reading this!!!!! I love you!!!!

Marissa February 22, 2011 at 9:43 PM  

Hi! I found your blog while I was blog hopping :) Boys are so different than girls but awesome none the less :) God will give you the wisdom and strength to raise your son to be a great man of God! :]
I'm following and love your blog already! :)

much love,
Samarah♥

Post a Comment

thanks for the message! I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP