if you really knew me...

>> 7.20.2012

One of the first times I made him laugh.


You'd know that  I could eat an entire box of strawberries in one sitting. And probably go back for more.


You would also know that I care about people, sometimes a little too much. It's a blessing and a curse.


You'd know that I'd rather be truthful about where I'm at and have you think less of me, than put on a song-and-dance to impress you. And I hope you would know that all I want is for the world to be a little more real.


You would know that I think motherhood is the best, hardest, most wonderful, and most difficult thing I've ever done. And that I am faking my way through it 99% of the time.

You would know that I have a serious passion for young marriages and helping them succeed...I would love to start a ministry for young married couples one day. There is so much confusion and passion and emotion in the early stages, and I wish I'd had somewhere to go to ask for help (and to be reassured that everything we were dealing with was, in fact, normal).

You would know that often I feel stuck somewhere in between a little girl and an old woman--and that it's been this way for a long time.

You would know that I need sunshine to survive like I need air to breathe. But you would also know just how much stronger I've become by moving to a place that doesn't have any.

You would know that I love candles that smell delicious, and if my house doesn't smell good, I automatically equate it with being dirty.

You would also know that I am so organized on the inside, but sometimes I just don't have enough time or energy to translate that into my house--and it drives me absolutely bananas.

You would know that "depression" is still a sneaky resident in my brain, but I win the battle against him on most days. Most days.

You would know that in and underneath and through it all, I just want to be a woman after God's own heart. Someone He is proud of. Someone that you'll look at and know that she is in love with her Lord. And you'd also know that I feel like I fail at that most of the time.


--linking up with The Wiegand's

3 thoughts:

Barefoot Hippie Girl July 20, 2012 at 4:58 AM  

Linking up from Casey Leigh.
I love your list of "if you really knew." Especially your heart for young couples. I'd love to hear in a few years how God is working that desire and burden out in your life.
I also equate a good smelling house with clean. I hate the animal smell. I love Mr. Clean.=)

Dawnelle @ Just Dawnelle July 20, 2012 at 6:43 AM  

Thank you for the post... I totally know how you feel being stuck between a little girl and an old woman... I was just pondering this exact thought the other day actually.

Found you through Casey Leigh ps! and am your newest follower!

Dawnelle
justdawnelle.blogspot.com

Elise Loyola Mance July 23, 2012 at 7:50 AM  

Love this. And you. Thanks for being brave and writing the truth.

Post a Comment

thanks for the message! I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP