birthday, baby.

>> 12.14.2010

The past few days have been busier than I thought they were.
My resolve to blog regularly has been shot down, and I didn't even know about it.
Ah, well. We'll keep trying 'til we get there.

A few major things occurred over the past few days, and the best part is that I remembered my camera for most of them! Yay!

My 22nd birthday was a few days ago, and my lovely husband took me out for lunch.
Every time we'd drive by the place I'd always say, "Oh, that place looks so cute!"
So I finally got to try it out, and it was just as cute on the inside as it was on the out. : )

 Unfortunately, the whole "eat free" thing only counted if you had four people with you. 
Oh well. We still had a lovely time.


 Handsome guy. He makes me smile.


 As I am nearly in my second trimester, it seems that I am sloooowly gaining back my sense of style.
It was pretty scary for awhile there.
I think I lived in sweatpants and a hoodie for a good four weeks.


 The best tomato and cream soup I have ever had.
No joking.
And it was only my starter.


 Hubs started off with the squid.
I'm definitely off seafood at the moment, as it just makes me want to hurl.
But I was glad that he liked it so much.


 I got to pull my first Christmas cracker and was super excited about it.
I read about them when I was little, and always wondered what they were and what was inside.
Well, now all you curious Americans know as well--
Paper crown, a little joke, and a fake fingernail that is perfect for scratching someone's eye out.


 It's my birthday!


 Hubs was also clearly entertained by said fingernail. 

So, I got distracted by the cracker and the fingernail and forgot to take pictures of our actual food. But it was delicious. I had chicken fajitas, which were almost legit, minus the fact that the chicken was coated in curry. But they actually had guacamole, sour cream, and salsa that were fairly passable.
Ole!

Hubs had the traditional bangers and mash, which were also good. 
Except that I hate peas, and here, bangers and mash always include peas. Always.
----------------------------

The biggest and best part of the past few days took place this afternoon--

We got to see our baby for the first time!

 This is a body shot. The head is on the right hand side. The little dot by the head is it's hand.


This is closer in of the head. If you look at it closely, you can see the jaw line, the eye socket, and it's little fist again.

Apparently, our baby has already inherited the temperament of it's mother and father, as it decided that ultrasound time was naptime and it did not want to be disturbed.

I got up and wiggled, rolled over, the ultrasound tech poked at it, and it still did not want to move.
When it did roll over, it had both fists up, like it was boxing.
I said, "Hey, when you try and wake me up, I get all defensive too!"

It was amazing.

We heard it's tiny little heart beating, and I just started to get so choked up.
My baby has a heart that's beating inside of it, and it's also beating inside of me.

I truly have no words to describe this, except to say that it's that much more real now, and I absolutely cannot wait to meet it in six months.

Keep cooking, baby!

4 thoughts:

Anonymous,  December 14, 2010 at 11:26 AM  

You are so beautiful!!! And i love Christmas crackers! It's fun to make your own too. And love love the photos of the baby. oh girl. Wish I was there with you! mwah!

Mandy Enter December 14, 2010 at 11:44 AM  

So cool, Cami! I'm glad you're having such great experiences over there. And just wait til you go in for the gender ultrasound! I thought I could keep it together, but when the lady said, "It's a baby girl" I just cried and cried (like a sissy). :) There's nothing like it. Congrats to you guys, again! Keep those belly pics coming!

ilene @ muchloveilly December 14, 2010 at 12:00 PM  

eeeek! that is SO exciting, friend!! happy for you and daveo. :)

btw you look great. love the picture of you smiling - you look so happy!!

Stacey December 14, 2010 at 2:01 PM  

This whole post makes me want to cry, happy tears of course! But cry none the less. Love the photos, thanks for sharing.

Post a Comment

thanks for the message! I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP