two days

>> 1.30.2011

I am failing miserably at this whole 365 photo thing.
It's pretty pitiful.
I keep my camera out in the hopes that I'll remember to just take a picture for the day, but then I forget, or am too tired, or can't think of anything to photograph and I go to sleep and the next day comes and I'm missing another day.

Remember how I wasn't making resolutions so that I couldn't fail?
Well, I still feel like I'm failing.

Apparently, God works on our issues even in the small things--like reminders that perfection is never attainable, and the important thing is to just keep going, even when you've already missed the mark.

As cliche as it sounds, the learning is in the journey, not the arrival.
Move to another country, and this phrase will become infinitely more understandable and complex, all at once.

So, enough soppy for one day. Have some pictures.

Jan. 25, 2011
Erica and Inga posing in front of Erica's art show display.
Love it.

Jan. 29, 2011
A shot out the window of the Divinity School at the Bodleian Library in Oxford.
I'm kind of in love with this shot, but I'm not sure that I can tell you why...maybe because it was just unexpected.
---------------------------------------

That's all I've got for now.
I'm tired and have been wrestling through a lot of things having to do with creativity and my purpose lately.
I'm sure that I'll dump it all out here after I've had a chance to process it, but for now I'm just trying to deal with the fact that I feel sort of stopped up...Words aren't enough right now, and the photos I'm taking just aren't translating the way I hoped.

Essentially, I feel like I'm in this creatively frustrated funk, but instead of moaning about it and passively waiting for it to pass, I'm trying to take the road where I wrestle with it all and break through this wall that seems to have been erected without my knowledge around my brain.
So, the inspiration has slowed to a trickle, but I'm doing my best to siphon that trickle into these words and these photographs in the hopes that eventually it could turn into a steady stream, and one day, a big flood of creativity that will just last me forever.
Ha.
A girl can dream.

For now, we are working on settling in and finding our people.
And this is me, just putting my head down and bracing my way through it.

0 thoughts:

Post a Comment

thanks for the message! I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP