currents

>> 2.12.2012

Jameson is still mega-sick, so we've been house-bound for the past few days. 
I spent Thursday night in the living room with him from midnight to 6:30am, and he got an early morning bath on Friday, after throwing up/pooping everywhere. It's been rough going for us, but I'm hoping that he is over the worst of it and can start getting better.


In the mean time, since my brain is running slower due to lack of sleep, here's a pretty nonsensical post about...me! (Because I know you're dying to know all about that topic, since it doesn't get talked about often enough. Ha.)


Reading: Thanks to the Kindle I received for Christmas (as well as the stack of six books from my sister-in-law), I have kind of managed to start reading for pleasure again. Hallelujah. I just finished reading this book, which was so packed full of emotion, I almost didn't know what to do with myself. It was so good, but it kind of hurt, too. At the end, I just grabbed Jameson and cuddled him until he got mad and started to cry.
I also finally finished this series, which was good, but I kind of felt like the last book just trudged along for awhile. I'm not sure I'd recommend it, simply because it was so incredibly graphic in some areas, but the plot line was decent, and the suspense was excellent.

Listening: During the winter time, I always fall back on a few favorites. Bon Iver, John Mayer, and Ray LaMontagne are never far from me. However, Florence and the Machine have recently found their way into my life, and I couldn't be happier. Oh, and how could I forget Sesame Street and Yo Gabba Gabba?

Watching: On the off chance that I do have time to watch TV, it's generally of the trashy, brain-candy type. After spending my day with a seven-month old, 'America's Next Top Model' or 'Made in Chelsea' are generally where it's at for me. However, Hubs and I have recently started watching 'Modern Family', and we always have our old friend 'Grey's Anatomy' to look forward to (when it finally makes it's way across the pond).

Pondering: The ins and outs of being a mom, as well as being a wife and daughter of the Lord, and how all of those things fit together. All of this will be coming out in a post shortly, I promise.
I've also been thinking a lot about adoption (it seems that all my friends have recently begun the process, or are considering beginning the process to adopt), and whether or not it could/should be considered a calling for all Christians. If anyone has any resources about this, I'd love to take a look at them...

Doing: I seem to have finally found a workout schedule that is do-able for me, and it involves a lot of spin classes, a Zumba class, and a body combat class. I am tired, but I feel good, and finally feel like I'm getting back to where I want to be.
Other than that, I'm trying to cram a little bit of work in during the evenings and generally being the best momma that I can. 


And there it is folks. Care to share your own currents?

2 thoughts:

Alli February 13, 2012 at 10:38 AM  

My current books are pretty academic in a churchy way right now. No novels! (well, I have "Wildwood" by Decemberist's Colin Meloy and some Tin TIn on the side.) Just read "The Church of Irresistible Influence" which I HIGHLY recommend. So.. practical and inspiring! Reading a book on developing a worship ministry. Reading another on church structure soon.
I want to read the Hunger Games and the Girl w/ the Dragon tattoo... we'll see when that happens! Have you read The Name of the Wind? SO awesome.
Music is background mood stabilizer for me these days - I rotate between classical and trip hop. haha. for real solid listening I'm on a steady diet of Hillsong and The Black Keys. It's a polar sort of year. :)
TV - all about Castle, Bones, Modern Family and Downton Abby. But we're giving up TV for lent again this year. (ee.)

Kacie February 13, 2012 at 2:48 PM  

Hey, I love this. I decided that since more people are doing this type of post, we should link up together! I started one last week but didn't advertise it. Maybe next month at the end of the month?

Post a Comment

thanks for the message! I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP