day 2 [round two]

>> 1.02.2013


Meal 1: 2 sausages, 2 eggs, 1 bell pepper, coffee w/c.m. creamer

Meal 2: 3 chicken legs baked in olive oil and seasoned w/rosemary, thyme, sage, garlic, salt and cayenne pepper, carrots, 1/2 sweet potato, 1 apple

Meal 3: Cottage pie from 'Well Fed' broccoli, berries w/coconut milk AND coconut butter (about an hour after dinner)


Today was the first day I got hit by a craving, hard. We were walking back from the store and it was raining, and Hubs and I were bickering and as soon as I stepped in the door all I wanted to do was eat some cookies, or some ice cream, or SOMETHING. The good news is that I automatically recognized it as an emotional response to the situation I was in and so I made some rooibos tea instead and tried to distract myself.

Dinner tonight was so, so good and it made me extra happy that it turned out so well because it was like warm comfort food without any of the guilt associated. Even Hubs liked it, and he kind of took a vow not to enjoy anything with mashed cauliflower in it. We had a little bit leftover, but not enough for my "leftovers on Friday" plan, so I'll have to see what else I can rustle up.

I had a bowl of berries with coconut milk/butter after dinner and after a fight to put Jameson to bed. Did I need them? No. Could I have gone without them? Probably. Did I enjoy them? Heck yes.

Overall, it's been a good day. I'm feeling good, mentally and physically, and am really finding it helpful that I can almost just slide back into my routine, since I'm semi-familiar with the rules. I remember the first time around, Day 2 was killer, and it was mostly because I was already exhausted from checking everything I ate to make sure it was compliant. For everyone on their first whole30 (and even if you're not) this guide was SO nice to have around through the first 30 days--helped remind me that everything I was thinking and feeling was completely normal!

0 thoughts:

Post a Comment

thanks for the message! I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP