day 9 [round two]

>> 1.09.2013


Completely went off the rails with sweet potato last night. I don't know what the deal is, but apparently I have a sweet potato dragon to conquer now. Boo.

Day 9
Pre-Wo: Hard-boiled egg

Meal 1: 1 sausage, 2 eggs, 1 bell pepper, coffee w/creamer

Meal 2: Spinach, romaine, and tomato salad topped w/leftover beef coconut curry, 1 leftover zucchini boat, 1/4 sweet potato

Snack: 1/4 sweet potato

Meal 3: 2 bowls garbage stir-fry, 1/2 sweet potato, herbal tea

So, my thinking is that as long as I make sure that I'm eating a variety of vegetables and not just subbing in sweet potatoes for everything, maybe my body needs those starchy carbs.
I mean, I'm still nursing and I'm strength training this time around (which I wasn't doing before) so it would make sense that my cravings are for some hearty, fill-er-up foods. I had lots of different vegetables today, and made sure to eat some in the morning, so...I'm going to try and relax on the sweet potato cravings.

Unless it's obviously a mental thing, like it was last night where I was thinking about them the way I think about chocolate and I could hear them calling to me from the oven. Yeah. This has gotten beyond ridiculous now. Yeesh.

Random sidenote, I had to exchange a top at H&M today and I decided to try on some pants instead and ended up finding out that I am now two sizes smaller than I was before, and I generally fit into size "small" in most things. Weird. I don't think I've ever been a small in my life. In fact, it's kind of hard to get used to. I mean, I'm not complaining, it's just strange. Forever I have thought of myself as "thick" and "big-boned" and "muscular" (basically all nice ways to convince myself that I wasn't fat), and even though I never thought I was FAT, I still felt big. So it's weird to have a clothing label say small, when that has been the opposite end of the spectrum for me always.
And I'm not telling you this to humblebrag and be all, "Oh, wow, what problems I have to have to wear a size small". I'm just telling you that I'm finding myself in weird places now, but they're good places and I'm okay with it.

1 thoughts:

Hannah January 10, 2013 at 9:36 AM  

When I was at my smallest, I had lots of trouble telling myself that this was okay and healthy. I went through a weird mourning period where I had to let the old me die. I wasn't 100% successful with that though because when I found myself in a new situation (grad school in a VERY different state) my insecurities flared up and I went back to my safety net of unhealthy patterns. Now I recognize this, know what to watch for, and am back on track. I think this time around I will enjoy the changes more like it sounds like you're doing! :) Keep it up!

Post a Comment

thanks for the message! I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP