days 5 & 6 [round two]

>> 1.06.2013


Day 5
Meal 1: 2 sausages, 2 eggs, coffee w/cm creamer

Snack: Black coffee, juice, apple

Meal 2: Chipotle salad w/carnitas, mild and hot sauce, guacamole

Snack: Black coffee and almonds

Meal 3: 4 Chicken legs, 1 sweet potato, roasted veggies

We went to London for most of the day yesterday, and as we were leaving I was not really nervous about staying compliant at all. I'd been to London on my last whole30 and managed to find plenty of food to eat, so why should this time be any more difficult?

Then I got there and remembered how much I love pastries, and coffee, and GOOD FOOD, and was kind of surprised by how much my brain wanted to rationalize eating something off plan:
"You've already done one whole30, why do you need to do another one?"
"You've been eating well for five days now, that's a good reset. Just enjoy your day in London and then go back on plan!"

The sabotage was quick and hard, and I had to actively work to remind myself that a) I was not the only one dealing with temptation b) I had inspired a ton of other people to start this journey and if I copped out on them, I would be letting them down and c) the REASON I looked so good in all of the clothes and things that I was trying on was because of "following the rules" and that feeling was worth more than any pastry. (Even though they looked amazing!)

Basically, I was really taken aback by how low my defenses were, and how much higher I needed them to be. I managed to make it through the day staying compliant, and I am really glad I did. I had a few snacks at different points because I felt hungrier than usual, and Hubs was eating candy from a special sweet shop and I knew I had to have something in my mouth, or I'd be reaching for the sour cola bottles. Overall, though, it was such a nice day out and I am so glad that I stuck to eating good food and at least pre-planned where I could eat in the city easily. 

Day 6
Meal 1: 2 sausages, 2 eggs, 1/4 sweet potato, coffee w/cm creamer

Meal 2: Garbage stir-fry, 1 avocado

Meal 3: 1 sausage, 3 eggs, sweet potato, butternut squash, herbal tea

Not a bad day. Jameson woke up in the middle of the night last night because his teeth were killing him, so Hubs and I were a lot more tired than usual.
Plus I hit a "kill ALL the things" time this evening, which was pleasant (not). Poor Hubs. Sorry I was so cranky, I didn't mean it!

Had a weird burning, stomach-ache after lunch today...wondering if it was from the chili in my stir-fry? However, I don't think I drank enough water today either, so it could have been that.


0 thoughts:

Post a Comment

thanks for the message! I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP