day 7 [round two]

>> 1.07.2013


Seven days done, which means I finished my first week. Holla!

Pre-Wo: Hard boiled egg

Meal 1: 2 eggs, 1 sausage, coffee w/creamer

Meal 2: 1 egg, 2 sausages, 2 pieces of bacon, butternut squash

Meal 3: Thai green curry w/chicken and cauliflower rice, bowl of berries w/coconut milk, herbal tea

I had a lot of sausages today, which was not planned, but still delicious. I kind of felt the lack of veggies though, so I put a lot into the curry that I made tonight. Not to mention that I riced up a cauliflower and added that on there. Still. 

My grocery order with all the produce came today, so I'm looking forward to some lettuce wraps for lunch tomorrow and a few other good vegetables. Not to mention that I've got deconstructed gyro salad on the menu, and it sounds AMAZING. It'll be my first time cooking lamb, but I trust the recipe and I'll keep you all posted on how it was (I mean, I'm sure you're waiting with baited breath, right? I know. I'm just so popular).

It's about a quarter to eight and my wicked sugar dragon/carb cravings have hit. It's strange because I could really go for a cupcake or something (I mean, I could always go for a cupcake), but what I'm really jonesing for right now is like an apple and some almond butter, or some sweet potatoes. Basically I've got a health-food sugar dragon right now, which is weird, but just as sucky. Drinking fruit tea and watching 'Dr. Who' while waiting for it to go away.

Speaking of 'Dr. Who', I just found out that the last Daalek was found in Utah in 2012. I mean, who knew?

Also, no one is reading this daily log of mine, which I don't really blame you for, but it also makes me feel kind of like an idiot for putting it up there. And I also worry about what you'll think of my food choices (like all the breakfast meats I ate today), which just goes to show exactly how self-critical and insecure I am. Cool.

Hubs brought me roses this morning, which was so nice to wake up to. Jameson and I cuddled a lot today and I had a moment of realizing that holding him on the couch while he was eating an apple was enough. That was kind of a nice epiphany for the day.

3 thoughts:

Kirra January 9, 2013 at 10:00 PM  

I'm reading! And I'm confused- I thought almond butter was ok?!

camille nicole January 10, 2013 at 2:59 AM  

Hey girl,
almond butter is totally okay, I just knew that I didn't really NEED it, I only wanted it because it was 8 p.m. and I always want a little something at 8 p.m.
It just felt weird to crave something like almond butter or a sweet potato INSTEAD of craving chocolate or cake or something. That's all. You can definitely chow down on that almond butter, no problem. :)

Allison January 10, 2013 at 9:54 AM  

that epiphany is a beautiful thing! those moments make it possible to see 'getting through the day' worth it. love you girl!

Post a Comment

thanks for the message! I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP