day 8 [round two]

>> 1.08.2013

Day 7, continued:
Snack: Lettuce wrap w/apple, grapes, chicken and almond butter 

I was sooo hungry. I think that I did not eat enough protein/fat at dinner. I did the "steamed fish and broccoli" test, and I definitely would have wolfed that, so I decided that eating some more food might be in order. I did a "mini meal" and tried to make sure I hit protein and fat, as well as vegetables. It was a little later to eat than I would have liked (about 9 p.m.), but I was hungry and this is a learning process, so there.

Day 8
Meal 1: 1 sausage, 2 pieces of bacon, 2 eggs, grapes, coffee w/creamer

Snack: Lettuce wraps w/apple, grapes, chicken, and almond butter, herbal tea

Meal 2: 1/2 plain chicken from Nando's, large side salad w/balsamic and olive oil, mineral water

Meal 3: 4 zucchini boats stuffed w/beef coconut curry, grapes, apple w/almond butter

I tried an experiment with myself today and had fruit with breakfast to see if it would help or hinder any sweet cravings I had for the rest of the day. Shockingly, I wanted suger a LOT today, and I'm thinking that it was probably the grapes that did it. So, I'm making a note to keep my first meal of the day free of sweet tastes, because this will (hopefully) make the rest of the day a little bit easier.

Went out for lunch with a friend today and ordered compliant food, even though I know the fries/chips at this place are amazing (especially with the peri-peri salt they put on there). I really wanted a Diet Coke (back to the sugar craving), but just had some fizzy water instead and was kind of surprised at how satisfying this was. In the end, I got a lot of good chicken, a much needed catch-up with a good friend, and to hang out with my bebe for awhile.

Dinner was amazing. Make it, and stuff your face. Plus it's easy. The end.

I love how many people came out of the woodwork after I whined about not having any readers yesterday. I love you all, seriously, and sometimes I just sit back kind of stunned by the things people are telling me about how I'm inspiring and all that. I want to be like, "What? Are you sure you know who you're talking about here? Me?"
But I guess this is because I'm inside my head and you're out of it, and that is probably a good thing, because I don't think opinions would stay quite the same if you were sharing this brain of mine.

I'm two-thirds of the way through the first season of 'Dr. Who' and I am obsessed. Weirdly obsessed though, because there are things that really annoy me, but I keep coming back for more. Hubs kind of watches the show in the background when I have it on, and tries to be interested, but then a stupid graphic comes across the screen or an alien in a ridiculous costume and he just can't handle it. So I am the lone Whovian in the house, I guess.

I'm debating a bowl of berries w/coconut milk. Or some almond butter. (I'm trying to figure out if there was enough fat in dinner...) Mmmmm, apple with almond butter it is. Yeah boi.

1 thoughts:

Allison January 10, 2013 at 10:01 AM  

last january i started eating a no-sugar-breakfast to see if it helped with my sugar cravings/issues. that was probably the biggest eating breakthrough i've ever had. it helps me So much!
also, i started adding a cup of spinach AND a tablespoon of coconut oil to my smoothies. that has helped me be able to actually have a smoothie for a meal rather than a 450 calorie snack. :P it is amazing how much some healthy fats fill you up/satisfy!
i'm so proud of you for making this great progress and making decisions because your health, your mental healthy, and your happiness really ARE important! great job blogging so regularly, too.
have you read "quitter" by jon acuff? i feel like this book might inspire you in a lot of ways.

Post a Comment

thanks for the message! I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP